|2 Cups All Purpose Flour|
|2 Tsp. Baking Soda|
|2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon|
|½ Tsp. Salt|
|3 Large Eggs|
|2 Cups Sugar|
|¾ Cup Vegetable Oil|
|¾ Cup Buttermilk|
|2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract|
|2 Cups Grated Carrots (3 Large)|
|1-8 oz. Can Pineapple, Crushed, Drained|
|1-3-1/2 oz. Can Sweetened Flaked Coconut|
|1 Cup Pecans or Walnuts, Chopped|
|1 Cup Sugar|
|1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda|
|1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine|
|1/2 Cup Buttermilk|
|1 Tbsp. Light Corn Syrup|
|1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract|
|Cream Cheese Frosting|
|1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine, Softened|
|1-8 oz. Cream Cheese|
|1-3 oz. Cream Cheese|
|1-16 oz. Powdered Sugar, Sifted|
|1-1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract|
Instructions for Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Fold in carrots and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes; cover pan loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, and bake 13 more minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
Servings: 12 Each
- Bring sugar, baking soda, butter, buttermilk, and corn syrup to a boil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring often, 4 minutes or until mixture is golden brown.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract.
- Drizzle glaze evenly over warm cake; cool complete in pan.
Makes 1-1/2 Cups.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract; beat at high speed 10 seconds or until smooth.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting evenly over cooled cake.
Makes 4 Cups.