|1 Betty Crocker SuperMoist White Cake Mix|
|1– 1/4 Cup Champagne|
|1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil|
|3 Each Egg Whites|
|½ Cup Butter, Softened|
|4 Cups Powdered Sugar+|
|¼ Cup Champagne+|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or non-stick pan).
- Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry cake mix and champagne.
- Add oil, egg whites, and food color (optional).
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 17-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat frosting ingredients with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. +NOTE: To obtain a thick frosting consistency, either add more powdered sugar or in the event too thick add more Champagne.
- Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with garnishes. Add decorative cupcake wrapper.
Store in a cupcake container or loosely covered.
RECIPE OF DAUGHTER, AMBER W., MARCH 2014
PHOTO: COURTESY OF DAUGHTER, AMBER W.