|1 Box Manicotti Shells|
|1 Lb. Ground Beef|
|2 Tsp. Garlic, Chopped|
|24 oz. Ricotta Cheese|
|12 oz. Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded|
|½ Cup Bread Crumbs, Italian Style|
|¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated|
|1 26-oz.Tomato and Basil Sauce|
|1 Tsp. Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp. Fresh Basil|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Cook manicotti shells per box directions; drain and cool.
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic in 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Add ground beef and brown until crumbles are no longer pink; drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef and remaining ingredients.
- Stuff shells with mixture and place in baking dish.
- Pour tomato and basil pasta sauce on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with small strips of fresh basil.
MEAL: Serve with side salad and garlic bread.
RECIPE OF MEL, JUNE 1983