|7 – 8 Russet Baking Potatoes
|½ Lb. Bacon, Crispy, Finely Chopped
|2 Sticks Butter
|½ Cup Sour Cream
|4 Stalks Green Onions, Finely Chopped
|2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Clean potatoes and wrap in foil, baking at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- While the potatoes are baking, fry your bacon, drain on paper towel, and chop into pieces.
- Measure and chop all other ingredients.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool down enough to handle. Lower oven setting to 350 degrees.
- Slice potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the pulp placing it in a mixing bowl, setting the potatoes skins to the side.
- Add all other ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Scoop the mixture back into the potato skins, and sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until warmed and cheese has melted.
Serves: 12 – 16 persons – Adjust #/Ingredients Based on # of Guests NOTE: Potatoes can be prepared the day before and placed in refrigerator. Remove and bring to room temperature, then follow heating instructions prior to serving. Leftovers are yummy, so I always purchase one additional potato in the event one of the skins break apart, worse case scenario you have twice baked potato for a second meal.
NOTE: Take your potato skins you set aside and stuff with shredded cheese and bacon bits and bake with your twice baked potatoes, removing from the oven when all cheese is melted. Add chopped green onions and serve with a side of sour cream.