|5 Lb. Potatoes, Sliced Thinly|
|2 Sticks Butter|
|2 Cups Milk|
|½ Cup Flour|
|1 Lg. Velveeta Cheese, Cubed|
|2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese|
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice potatoes thin, place in cold water.
- Place one stick of butter in large baking dish and melt in oven.
- Next, place one stick of butter in stock pot. Melt butter over low heat, and then add ¼ cup or more of flour to form a thick paste. Keep on low heat and stir until paste is browned.
- Pour in milk until pot is half full and turn up heat to medium-high. Add cubed cheese and 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Place potatoes in baking dish and salt and pepper to-taste. Pour cheese sauce over potatoes. Sprinkle 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese across top of casserole dish.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until fork tender.