|I Head Romaine Lettuce, Torn|
|1 Small Red Onion, Sliced Finely|
|1 Cup Feta Cheese|
|½ Cup Pecans, Chopped and Toasted|
|4 Slices Bacon, Crispy and Crumbled|
|1-10 oz. Raspberry Fruit Spread or Preserves, Seedless|
|½ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar, Seasoned|
|¼ Cup Olive Oil|
- Tear romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and wash in colander, rinsing each piece thoroughly. Drain and wrap in paper towel. Splatter water on paper towel and place in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight to crisp lettuce.
- Slice thin red onion rings and chop into bite size pieces.
- Fry bacon until crispy and drain.
- Toast chopped pecans.
- Add all ingredients to lettuce in large mixing bowl.
- Toss gently with dressing and place in salad bowls.
- Microwave Raspberry spread in a microwave-safe bowl at LOW (30%) power for 1 minute or until melted.
- Whisk in vinegar and olive oil until blended; let cool.
Serve at room temperature.
RECIPE FROM SOUTHERN LIVING RECIPE MAGAZINE, 2007