|6 Lg. Russet Potatoes|
|1 Lb. Bacon|
|2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded|
|2 Cups Mexican Blend Cheese, Shredded|
|6 Each Green Onions, Thinly Sliced|
|Kosher Salt, To-Taste|
|Black Pepper, To-Taste|
|Lawry’s Seasoning Salt, To-Taste|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bacon on two large rimmed baking sheets (or in frying pan) and bake for 18 minutes or until crispy. Note, you must reserve bacon grease for the potatoes.
- While the bacon is cooking, peel and chop potatoes into ½” cubes.
- Transfer cooked bacon to paper towel lined plate. Reserve approximately 6 Tbsp. grease from pan.
- Split the potatoes between the two pans and toss with tongs to thoroughly coat them in bacon grease. Ensure potatoes are in a single layer to cook properly.
- Spread them out on two baking sheets in one layer and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, stir well and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Stir again making sure that none are sticking to the tray. Bake another 15 minutes.
- While baking, chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and stir again.
- Taste to ensure it’s not too salty, lightly sprinkle Lawry’s Seasoning Salt across the potatoes. Then sprinkle generously with shredded cheeses and chopped bacon. Return the tray to the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Top with sliced green onions before serving.
Serves: 8 to 14 persons.
NOTE: These are a great side dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also great for as a brunch item.