|3 Hearts of Romaine Lettuce|
|2-3 Grilled Chicken Breast, Chopped or Strips|
|Parmesan Cheese, Shredded, To-taste|
|Kens Creamy Caesar Dressing, To-taste|
|Cracked Black Pepper, To-taste|
|Caesar Croutons or Peppery or Garlic Tortilla Strips|
|Zesty Italian Dressing|
- Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces and place in a plastic bag.
- Cover chicken with Zesty Italian dressing and refrigerate overnight.
- Wash romaine lettuce thoroughly and tear into bite size pieces. Wrap in paper towel. Splatter water on paper towel and place in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight to crisp lettuce.
- Grill chicken breast until done, place on cutting board and tent foil over chicken for 5 minutes. Slice chicken into thin strips or cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Place lettuce pieces and chicken into large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and add Caesar croutons or peppery or garlic tortilla. Top with Ken’s Creamy Cesar dressing and cracked pepper to-taste. Toss gently and place in salad bowls.
Yield: 4 – 6 servings.
NOTE: For a twist, I like to fry up bacon and tear into bite size pieces and add to this salad.
RECIPE OF MEL, MARCH 2001