|5 Potatoes, Large|
|2/3 Cup Butter or Margarine|
|2/3 Cup Flour|
|6 Cups Milk (or Use Skim Milk and 1 Cup Half n Half)|
|¾ Tsp. Salt|
|½ Tsp. Pepper|
|4 Green Onions, Chopped Fine|
|12 Slices Bacon, Crisp and Crumbled|
|1 ¼ Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded|
|8 oz. Sour Cream|
- Clean and bake potatoes until done, remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise and scoop out pulp.
- Melt butter in heavy sauce pan over low heat and add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1-minute stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat until mixture is thickened.
- Add potato pulp, salt & pepper, 2 Tbsp green onions, ½ cup bacon and 1 cup cheese. Cook until heated and add sour cream.
- Serve with remaining onions, bacon and cheese as toppings.
Make potato skins under the broiler with the remains of the baked potatoes.