|1 Cup Milk|
|1 Tbsp. White Vinegar|
|3 Cups Flour, All Purpose|
|½ Tsp. Baking Soda|
|½ Tsp. Salt|
|1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened|
|2 ¾ Cups Extra Fine Granulated Sugar|
|4 Lg. Eggs|
|1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract|
|2 Tsp. Almond Extract|
|¼ Cup Amaretto|
|1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter|
|½ Cup Light Brown Sugar|
|½ Cup Extra Fine Granulated Sugar|
|1/3 Cup Half and Half|
|3 Tbsp. Amaretto|
Spoon and Sweep Method – Use spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until full. Scooping measuring cup firmly packs flour, resulting in too much for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 10” Bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract and almond extract until well combined.
- Beat in flour mixture alternating with milk and Amaretto.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until center is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely in pan before inverting onto a cake plate.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until smooth.
- Add cream and Amaretto, bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat, cool for 10 minutes.
NOTE: Serve cake warm, drizzled with Amaretto sauce or serve with sauce on the side as an option.