|1-1/2 Cups Water|
|2 Cups Cubed Peeled Potatoes|
|2 Small Carrots, Grated|
|1 Small Onion, Chopped|
|¼ Cup Chopped Green Pepper|
|1 Jalapeno Pepper, Seeded and Chopped|
|1 Garlic Clove, Minced|
|1 Tbsp. Beef Bouillon Granules|
|½ Tsp. Salt|
|2 Lbs. Ground Beef, Cooked and Drained|
|3 Cups Milk, Divided|
|4 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour|
|16 oz. Process American Cheese, Cubed|
|¼ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper, Optional|
|½ Lb. Peppered Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled|
- Cook ground beef until browned.
- In a large pot, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in beef and 2 cups of milk; heat through.
- Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Add crumbled bacon and stir, leaving some for toppings. Add cayenne if desired.
NOTE: Prior to serving, sprinkle bacon on top.
Yield: 6-8 servings (Approximately 2 Quarts)
Original Soup Recipe: 1 lb. beef, 2-1/2 cups milk, 3 Tbsp flour and 8 oz cheese. Meal: Served with garlic bread.
ADAPTED RECIPE FROM 2007 TASTE OF HOME PIZZA WINNING RECIPES – NOVEMBER 2007