|4 Chicken Breasts
|1-2 Cups Buttermilk
|1 Tsp. Salt
|1 Tsp. Pepper
|2 Cups Italian Bread Crumbs
|1 Tsp. Italian Seasoning
|1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
|¼ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
|2 Tbsp. Butter
|2-4 Tbsps. Canola Oil
- Place chicken breasts in between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to ¼-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet; or slice chicken breasts in half (like a hamburger bun or English muffin).
- Salt and pepper each chicken breast and place chicken in a baggie or bowl and cover with buttermilk. Place in refrigerator overnight; however, note that overnight refrigeration is not required. Remove chicken from refrigerator 15-30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Place bread crumbs and seasoning in a pie dish or bowl. Remove the individual chicken breasts and place in the bread crumbs pressing firmly to adhere crumbs to the breast.
- Heat canola oil and butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Place chicken breast in pan and turn to fry on both sides until when panko crumbs turn golden brown. Ensure chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken breasts and place on a serving platter. Tent platter with foil allowing the chicken breasts to rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.
VARIATION: Omit Step 1 and cut chicken breast into bite size pieces. Follow steps 2 – 5. After the resting period, toss with Buffalo Wing Sauce and serve with Blue Cheese, Ranch, or Creamy Parmesan dressing.
NOTE: This is also great sliced and served on a salad.