|¾ Cup Milk|
|1 Cup (4 ounces) Shredded Cheddar Cheese|
|½ Cup Quick-Cooking Oats|
|½ Cup Onion, Chopped|
|1 Tsp. Salt|
|1 Lb. Lean Ground Beef|
|2/3 Cup Ketchup|
|½ Cup Packed Brown Sugar|
|1-1/2 Tsp. Prepared Mustard|
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and milk.
- Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight loaves; place in a greased 13-in.x9-in.x2-in. baking dish.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
Yield: 8 servings
Meal Side Suggestions: Mashed Potatoes or Velveeta Cheesy Shell and Green Beans.
RECIPE FROM TASTE OF HOME PRIZE WINNING RECIPES, 2007
PHOTO: COURTESY OF MY SISTER BECKY