|4 Lbs. Boneless Rib Eye Roast|
|1 Clove Garlic, Cut in Half|
|¼ Cup Dijon Mustard, Country Style|
|¾ Cup Parsley, Fresh, Chopped|
|1-1/2 Tbsp. Thyme, Fresh or Dried, Chopped|
|1-1/2 Tbsp. Rosemary, Fresh or Dried, Chopped|
|2 Cloves Garlic, Minced|
|1 Tbsp. Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil|
|Horseradish Cream Sauce – See Recipe Posted on Website|
|Peppery Horseradish Sauce – See Recipe Posted on Website|
|Kosher Salt, To-Taste|
- Bring meat to room temperature, if required.
- Rub beef all over with garlic halves. Spread mustard over top and sides of beef.
- Mix pepper, kosher salt, herbs and garlic and rub all over top and sides of beef. Store in refrigerator overnight or at least 2 hours prior to roasting.
- Bring meat to room temperature and insert meat thermometer so tip is in center of thickest part of beef.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Roast uncovered for 1-1/2 to 2 hours to cook to desired heat – 155 degrees for medium.
- Remove from oven, tent with foil and rest for 10 to 20 minutes prior to serving, temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees.
Note: Serve with Horseradish Cream Sauce, Béarnaise or Peppery Horseradish Sauce which are posted on this website. Great for a buffet served with Sister Shubert or Kaiser rolls.
RECIPE OF MEL
ADAPTED RECIPE FROM MERRY MAIN DISHES/KAREN ROGERS – JANUARY 2005