|12 Slices Canadian Bacon (Prefer Deli Sliced on 3) (2-3 Slices Per Muffin)|
|1 Pkg. English Muffins|
|2 Pkgs. Knorr Hollandaise Sauce (1 Pkg, if lightly drizzled with sauce)|
|2 Sticks Butter (1 Stick for 2 Pkgs. Hollandise + buttering muffin/tin)|
|Hungarian Paprika, To-Taste|
|1 Cantaloupe, Sliced (Optional) – OR –|
|1-2 Avocados, Sliced (Optional)|
- Set up each workstation to ease cooking and plating, e.g. buttered egg poaching pan with eggs to crack or pot with boiling water, a muffin toasting area with softened butter, plating area with avocado cut in half on cutting board, salt, pepper and Hungarian paprika, and a pot with the Knorr Hollandaise Sauce mixture, butter, milk and lemon juice.
- Place six eggs in an egg poacher and poach to your preferred consistency, or tornado whirl boiling water in a pot and drop your eggs in poaching to your preferred consistency.
- Prepare the Knorr Hollandaise Sauce as directed on package, add approximately 4 to 5 shakes of lemon juice, taste and add more if necessary.
- Heat up 12 slices Canadian bacon in microwave approximately 1 minute, remove and pat dry with paper towel to absorb moisture and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Toast and butter three English muffins.
- Slice the avocado or cantaloupe, if serving as a side.
- Set plates with two buttered English muffins on each, next add two or three slices of Canadian bacon on top of each muffin depending upon thickness of bacon, one egg per each muffin and salt and pepper. If serving with sliced avocado, add to plate and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle Hollandaise sauce over Eggs Benedict and Avocados, and sprinkle with paprika.
Great served with slices of cantaloupe or avocado (drizzled with Hollandaise sauce) on the side. Great recipe for brunch – make in advance and place in a lightly buttered warming tray for serving.
This is my quick version of Eggs Benedict. Earl always made is own Hollandaise Sauce and was a great chef. To celebrate my birthday and the news of being pregnant with my first daughter, Earl served this dish for brunch!