|1 Devils Food Cake Mix (Betty Crocker w/Pudding)|
|1 Cup Mayonnaise|
|1/3 Cup Cocoa (Slightly less than full)|
|1-1/3 Cup Water|
|1- 3 oz. Instant Vanilla Pudding|
|¼ Cup Powdered Sugar|
|1 Cup Milk|
|1 8-oz. Cool Whip, Softened|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two round cake pans.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into cake pans.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Place cake on a cake stand for cooling. Ensure cake stand has a lid for storing after icing.
- Mix the first three ingredients together for 2 minutes.
- Fold the cool whip into the mixture.
- Frost the first cake layer, then top with the second cake layer and continue frosting until completely covered Toothpicks may be required to hold the layers together.
- Store in the refrigerator until serving.
RECIPE OF AUNT KAREN, OCTOBER 1990
PHOTO: COURTESY OF MY SISTER BECKY