|1-12 oz. Broccoli Florets Steamed/Chopped|
|1-1/2 Stick Butter|
|1/2 Yellow Onion Finely Diced|
|½ Cup Matchstick Carrots, Finely Diced|
|1 Stalk Celery Finely Diced|
|1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour|
|8 Cups Whole Milk|
|3 Cups Half and Half|
|Pinch of Nutmeg and Cayenne|
|1 Tsp. Tony Chachere’s|
|1 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper|
|8 oz. Monterrey Jack Cheese Shredded|
|8 oz. Monterrey Jack Cheese w/Jalapeno|
|16 oz. Velveeta Shredded|
|8 oz. Sharp Cheddar Shredded|
|1-2 Pkgs. Velveeta Sauce|
|Salt & Pepper, To-Taste|
- Finely chop the yellow onion, carrots and celery.
- Melt 1-1/2 stick of butter on low and add the onion, carrots and celery. Lightly salt and pepper vegetables. Simmer on low for 3 to 5 minutes until onions are fully translucent and carrots and onions are softened.
- Place broccoli florets steamer bag in microwave for amount of time stated on bag. Leave florets in bag following cooking.
- Add flour to pan, stirring until browned, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Add milk, half and half, and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Remove steamed broccoli from bag onto cutting board. Chop florets into small pieces and place in pot.
- Add Cayenne pepper and Tony Chachere’s, cover the pot with a lid and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add Monterrey Jack, Velveeta and sharp cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until melted. Add Velveeta sauce. Taste and add additional Cayenne pepper and/or Tony Chachere’s, if required.
Servings: 16 Cups