|2 Strips Bacon, Diced|
|1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Halved|
|½ Tsp. Sugar|
|½ Cup Leeks, Thinly Sliced|
|¼ Cup Dry White Wine|
|½ Cup Chicken Broth, Low Sodium|
|1 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar|
|¼ Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes|
|4 Oz. Bucatini or Spaghetti Noodles|
|1 Cup Spinach Leaves, Fresh|
|¼ Tsp. Thyme, Minced, Fresh|
|Garlic Bread Crumbs|
|1 Garlic Clove|
|1 Cup Italian Bread Cubes|
|1 Tsp. Olive Oil|
|Salt and Pepper, To-Taste|
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- Mince garlic for the bread crumbs in a food processor. Add cubed bread and process until coarse.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium; add crumbs and toast until golden, 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt; set aside.
- Cook bacon for the pasta in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. drippings.
- Caramelize tomatoes and sugar in bacon drippings over medium heat. Cook until tomatoes begin to brown, 5 minutes. Add leeks, sauté until wilted, 3-4 minutes.
- Deglaze skillet with wine; simmer until liquid in nearly evaporated. Add broth, vinegar, and pepper flakes. Simmer until liquid is reduced by a third, about 5 minutes.
- Cook bucatini in boiling water according to package directions.
- Add the spinach, thyme, and cooked bacon to the tomato mixture. Transfer cooked pasta from cooking water to the skillet using tongs. Toss to coat; season with salt.
- Divide pasta among plates and sprinkle with bread crumbs.