- 1 Lb. Deli Roast Beef, Medium Rare, Thinly Sliced
- 25 Thin Asparagus Spears
- ¾ Cup Cream Cheese
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Chives, Finely Chopped
- 25 Fresh Chives, Thinly Sliced
- Cut the asparagus into 3-inch length spears. Place asparagus spears in boiling water and blanch for 2 minutes. Do not overcook. Place directly in an ice water bath.
- Combine cream cheese, parsley, chopped chives and horseradish.
- Lay thinly sliced beef on wax paper. Spread each slice with cream cheese mixture. Place 2 to 3 asparagus spears on each slice, with tip exposed. Roll each slice and tie with chive sprig.
- Place on a serving platter covered with leaf lettuce.
- Cover and chill before serving.
Yield: 25 appetizers.
NOTE: These appetizers can be prepared the day before and refrigerated until ready to serve