- 2 (14-ounce) cans Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Lb. Bacon
- Mustard Cream Sauce
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- Drain artichokes hearts. Cut hearts in half if they are bigger than bite size.
- Cut bacon slices in half crosswise. Wrap a half piece of bacon around each artichoke heart and secure with a toothpick.
- Place bacon wrapped artichoke hearts on a broiler pan and broil until bacon is crisp, turning once to brown both sides.
- Mustard Cream Sauce – In a medium skillet over moderately low heat, cook cream until reduced and thickened (about 10 minutes). Cream should have the consistency of very lightly whipped cream.
Stir in mustard. Serve immediately or set aside at room temperature and reheat very gently at serving time.
- Pour about 1 cup of Mustard Cream Sauce in a shallow, lipped serving dish, and arrange wrapped artichoke hearts in sauce. Otherwise, serve artichoke hearts on a serving plate with sauce in a bowl.
Servings: 6-8 Preparation Time: 15 Minutes