|1 Lemon, Thinly Sliced|
|5 Fresh Parsley Sprigs|
|3 Garlic Cloves|
|2 Tsp. Salt|
|4 Fresh Artichokes (about ¾ Lb. each)|
|3 Tbsp. Olive Oil|
|Salt and Pepper|
|See Sauce Recipes for Dipping Sauce:|
|Chipotle-Garlic Lemon Mayo|
|Peppy Basil Garlic butter|
- Wash artichokes by plunging up and down in cold water. Cut off stem ends, and trim about 1 inch from top of each artichoke, using a serrated knife. Remove any loose bottom leaves. Trim one-forth off top from each outer leaf, using kitchen shears.
- Combine lemon, parsley sprigs, garlic cloves and salt, along with .2-1/2 cups water in large Dutch oven.
- Place a steamer basket in Dutch oven. Arrange artichokes in steamer basket. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until stem end is easily pierced with a long wooden pick.
- Remove artichokes from Dutch oven. Carefully pull open center leaves of artichokes. Remove and discard choke using a long spoon. Serve with Dipping Sauce.
- Preheat grill to 350 to 400 degrees. Steam artichokes first, then carefully cut artichokes in half lengthwise; remove and discard choke.
- Liberally brush cut sides of artichokes with olive oil, and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Grill artichokes, covered with grill lid, for 5 minutes each side. Serve with Dipping Sauce.