|6 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach|
|1 Pint Strawberries, Hulled and Sliced|
|1/2 Small Red Onion, Peeled and Thinly Sliced|
|8 Slices Bacon, Cut into 1-inch Pieces|
|1 Avocado, Diced|
|4 Oz. Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola, Crumbled|
|1/3 Cup Avocado Oil|
|2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar|
|4 Tbsp. Honey|
|1 Tbsp. Poppyseeds|
|Pinch of Ground Dry Mustard|
|Salt and Pepper, To-Taste|
- Remove the stems from the baby spinach and wash. Pat the spinach dry with paper towel and place into a large serving bowl; set aside.
- Wash and slice 1 pint of strawberries, placing the berries into a container and sprinkle with Splenda or sugar/sugar substitute of choice and let sit in the refrigerator until time to incorporate into salad.
- Thinly slice one-half of a small red onion and put into the serving bowl.
- Cut the bacon into 1-inch pieces and cook in a skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Peel and dice 1 avocado.
- Add the strawberries, bacon, avocado and blue cheese to the serving bowl.
- In a shaker cup or bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and either shake or whisk to incorporate. Taste dressing and adjust salt and pepper and/or honey accordingly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
MEAL: Add Sliced Grilled Chicken to salad for a meal.
NOTE: Make ahead – Follow instructions and place items into baggies, with the exception of the avocado. Simply place all items into serving bowl and add dressing. When serving a crowd, I put the blue cheese in a bowl on the side in the event someone is not a blue cheese fan.
VARIATIONS: I made a triple batch for Easter 2018 and used baby spinach, baby romaine and arugula. It was a big hit! In December I substituted dried cranberries for the strawberries, and everyone loved it.