|1 Tbsp. Olive Oil|
|2 Onions finely c/hopped (3 Cups)|
|3 Carrots finely chopped (1 Cup)|
|6 Garlic Gloves, Finely Minced|
|1 Lb. Ground Beef|
|1 Lb. Ground Pork|
|1 Lb. Italian Sausage|
|¼ Cup Tomato Paste|
|2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning|
|2 Tsp. Oregano|
|Coarse Salt and Ground Pepper|
|1 Cup Dry White Wine|
|1-28 Oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes in Puree|
|2 Tsp. Lawry’s Seasoning Salt|
|1 Cup Milk|
|2 Tbsp. Butter|
|2 Tsp. Garlic Powder|
|12 Oz. Spaghetti|
|Parmesan Cheese, Finely Grated for Serving|
|Fresh Basil, Garnish|
- Make sauce in a 5-quart sauce pan. Heat oil over medium heat Add onions, carrots, and garlic; cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 2-5 minutes.
- Add beef, pork and Italian sausage; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon. Season generously with salt and pepper cooking until no longer pink, about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute.
- Add wine, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and oregano. Bring sauce to a simmer; cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 1 hour.
- Add milk; simmer until completely absorbed, about 15 minutes more.
- Taste and season with garlic powder, Lawry’s seasoning salt and more pepper if required.
- Add butter and simmer for 10-15 minutes on low.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions; drain. Toss pasta with the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese prior to serving, with small strips of basil on top for a pop of color.
Servings: 4-6 Servings
NOTES: As with several of my recipes, I add more than the stated seasonings. With this dish, I prefer to make the sauce one day in advance, and store in the refrigerator overnight. When warming, taste and adjust seasonings as required for your taste. If adding additional seasonings, simmer for an additional 15 minutes prior to serving.
I typically make a double batch and after the final tasting, I place the additional sauce in family serving size freezer containers, label and keep up to 6 months in freezer.
MEAL: Serve with side Italian Salad and Garlic Bread
RECIPE OF MEL
ADAPTED RECIPE ORIGINALLY FROM MARTHA STEWART – AUGUST 2017 IN AN ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THIS DISH SERVED AT “THE NEST” IN PALM SPRINGS, CA. PERFECTED OVER 2 YEARS TO REPLICATE THIS DISH SERVED IN BALI TO OUR FRIEND GEORGE S.’ PERFECTION IN 2019