|Chicken Breast, Boneless, Skinless
|½ – 1 Cup Buttermilk
|Salt and Pepper, To-taste
|Romaine Lettuce, # of Servings
|Panko Crumbs, Italian or Plain, # of Servings
|Garlic Powder, To-taste
|Salad Add-on Option: Shredded Carrots, Black Olives, Pepperoncini, and/or Celery.
|Parmesan Cheese, Shredded, To-taste
|Dressing of Choice
- Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces, salt and pepper to-taste, and place in a bowl with lid or baggie.
- Cover chicken with buttermilk and refrigerate overnight.
- Wash romaine lettuce thoroughly and tear into bite size pieces. Wrap in paper towel. Splatter water on paper towel and place in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight to crisp lettuce.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and drain off buttermilk.
- In a bowl add enough panko crumbs to coat your chicken. Add Italian seasoning (even when using Italian bread crumbs) and garlic powder, mix together with a fork. Cover chicken in panko crumbs pressing into each piece to retain as much coating as possible.
- In a skillet add Canola oil and heat to a high temperature. Once your heat is high, lower heat so chicken does not burn. Cook 6 to 8 pieces at one time allowing space to flip the chicken over once the underside turns golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- In serving bowls, add your romaine lettuce, optional add-on per preferred taste, chicken bites, dressing of choice and shredded parmesan.
NOTE: My preferred choice of dressing with this salad is the Creamy Dressing (Carrabba’s Copycat) posted on this website. The chicken is so tasty and can be served by itself. I have it posted as an Appetizer on this site.
RECIPE OF MEL
ADAPTED RECIPE OF CARRABBA’S ITALIAN SALAD – MAY 2020