|3 Cups Flour, All Purpose|
|2 Cups Sugar|
|1 Tsp. Baking Soda|
|1 Tsp. Salt|
|1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon|
|3 Eggs, Beaten|
|1 Cup Vegetable Oil|
|1-1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract|
|1-8 oz. Can Crushed Pineapple, Undrained|
|1-1/2 Cups Pecans, Chopped|
|2 Cups Bananas, Chopped|
|1/3 Cup Sour Cream|
|Cream Cheese Frosting:|
|1-8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened|
|½ Cup Butter or Oleo, Softened|
|1- 16 oz. Box Powdered Sugar, Sifted|
|1 Tsp. Vanilla|
- Combine flour, sugar, soda, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and add eggs and oil to dry mixture, stirring until ingredients are moistened. Do not beat.
- Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, bananas, and 1/3 cup sour cream.
- Spoon batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pans and cool completely.
NOTE: Aunt Cathy won blue ribbons at the county fair for her baked goods. She told me her secret was to add 1/3 cup of sour cream to her cakes which I have added to this recipe.
- Combine cream cheese and butter, beating until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Then sprinkle ½ cup pecans on top.