|1 Apple, Peeled & Finely Chopped|
|1/3 Cup Onion, Finely Chopped|
|1 Tbsp. Butter|
|½ Lb. Bacon|
|¼ Cup Heavy Cream|
|1 Tbsp. Flour|
|1/8 Tsp. Salt|
|Sprinkle of Pepper|
|1/8 Tsp. Fresh Chives, Finely Chopped|
|Brie, 1 Wheel, Cut into Small Bite Size Pieces|
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease mini-muffin pans or use mini muffin cups.
- Peel and finely chop the apple and onion.
- Place butter in a small sauté pan, add the apple and onion on med-low heat and sauté until opaque – 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Fry or bake the bacon until crisp. Break into tiny pieces.
- Whisk eggs, cream and flour into bowl. Add salt, pepper & chives to eggs. Mix the apple and onion and bacon into egg mixture.
- Peel the rind off the brie. Cut into small bite-size pieces.
- Add 1 piece of brie to each mini muffin cup and ladel the egg mixture over the top until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until browned, serve immediately.
NOTE: Store leftovers in refrigerator. Reheat 5-7 minutes before serving.